- Career Development and Business
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video and Editing
- Education and Study Guides
- Game Development
- Hobbies and General Interest
- Music Technology
Tcl and Tk Programming for the Absolute Beginner
ISBN 13: 9781598634389
ISBN 10: 1598634380
Author: Kurt Wall
Print Book Price: $29.99 Add to cart
eBook Price: $14.34 Add to cart
Tcl/Tk is enjoying a resurgence of popularity and interest in the computing community due to the fact that it is relatively easy to learn, powerful, fast, permits rapid development, and runs on all computing platforms. Until now, there has not been a guide book available that teaches Tcl/Tk to those with little or no programming experience. Covering the newest versions of Tcl and Tk, Tcl and Tk Programming for the Absolute Beginner teaches beginning and novice programmers concepts such as loops, conditional execution, input and output, and events, and shows readers how to implement these concepts using the grammar and syntax of the Tcl language. As part of the for the absolute beginner™ series, the book teaches all the concepts through the creation of simple computer games. Not only will this “learn by doing” approach provide you with an instant sense of accomplishment, but it’s also a fun way to learn. Plus, in addition to learning Tcl and Tk, you’ll also learn the basics of computer programming, so you’ll have a solid foundation from which you can confidently jump to other programming languages.
Note*: If you are buying the e-book version of this product, any CD/DVD supplement files referenced throughout the book can be accessed for free at our Companion Downloads page.
- Provides the only book on Tcl/TK available that targets beginning readers who lack prior programming experience.
- Teaches all the concepts through the creation of simple computer games, making the learning process much more fun and enjoyable.
- Tcl and Tk are best learned by example, which the book's approach facilitates.
- Inlcudes a foreword written by one of the language's co-creators, Brent Welch.
- Analyzes each program in detail, and most chapters offer suggestions for extending or improving the programs.
- Includes two appendices offering a complete command reference for every Tcl and Tk command provided in the released version of the languages.
- Online resources include binary versions of both the released versions Tcl and Tk and a snapshot of the latest development versions, all utilities and tools mentioned in the text, and source code for all programs in the book.
- Companion website available here: http://www.delmarlearning.com/companions/index.asp?isbn=1598634380