- Career Development and Business
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video and Editing
- Education and Study Guides
- Game Development
- Hobbies and General Interest
- Music Technology
Working with Audio
ISBN 13: 9781435460553
ISBN 10: 1435460553
Author: Stanley R. Alten
Print Book Price: $34.99 Add to cart
eBook Price: $17.14 Add to cart
Written by highly respected author Stanley R. Alten, WORKING WITH AUDIO provides readers with a fundamental understanding of the principles, technology, and techniques of audio production. This book covers the basics of audio production techniques in radio, TV, music, and new media, with special emphasis on the fundamentals of sound and recording, acoustics, equipment, editing, mixing, and much more. Because the material is not medium-specific, readers can apply the techniques learned to sound production in any of the major audio and audio/visual media.
Note*: If you are buying the e-book version of this product, any CD/DVD supplement files referenced throughout the book can be accessed for free at our Companion Downloads page.
- WORKING WITH AUDIO breaks the subject down into its fundamental components, beginning with the nature of sound and hearing and moving progressively across the spectrum of audio- and recording-related topics, from microphones through mixing.
- Each chapter is preceded by an outline of its main headings and concludes with a list of its main points. In addition, the author includes extensive illustrations in each chapter to further reinforce the written information.
- Completely up to date and comprehensive in scope, the book offers step-by-step instruction on everything from the fundamentals of sound to the intricacies of recording and producing in a professional studio setting.