- Career Development and Business
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video and Editing
- Education and Study Guides
- Game Development
- Hobbies and General Interest
- Music Technology
ISBN 13: 9781435460041
ISBN 10: 1435460049
Author: Jim Aikin
Print Book Price: $39.99 Add to cart
eBook Price: $19.24 Add to cart
Csound, a free, cross-platform, do-it-yourself software solution for sound synthesis and music production, has been growing in power for more than 25 years. Getting started with this highly sophisticated system can be a bit daunting for new users. But once you've mastered the basic concepts, using Csound is nearly as easy as plugging patch cords into a modular synthesizer. That’s where CSOUND POWER!: THE COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE comes in. This definitive reference to Csound provides a thorough look at the most important features of this powerful program—as well as an introduction to a few secret features that even experienced Csound users may not know about. In this hands-on resource, you'll learn how to download and install Csound, how to understand the structure of a .csd file, and how to use dozens of the most important opcodes in the program. You'll find concise explanations, hands-on projects, and numerous code samples that will help you take advantage of Csound's dense, feature-rich environment and make a powerful difference in your music-production workflow.
Note*: If you are buying the e-book version of this product, any CD/DVD supplement files referenced throughout the book can be accessed for free at our Companion Downloads page.
- The only up-to-date guide to using Csound that speaks equally to existing users and newcomers, the text requires no previous knowledge of computer programming.
- Clear, step-by-step instructions are designed to get users started with Csound and quickly move them toward the accomplishment specific, useful tasks.
- Tutorials that not only show you how to use the user-friendly features of "front end" software, but also reveal amazing musical possibilities that you had never imagined--including real-time performance use with MIDI.