- Career Development and Business
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video and Editing
- Education and Study Guides
- Game Development
- Hobbies and General Interest
- Music Technology
The Tour Book, How To Get Your Music On The Road
ISBN 13: 9781435459540
ISBN 10: 1435459547
Author: Andy Reynolds
Print Book Price: $29.99 Add to cart
eBook Price: $14.34 Add to cart
Looking for practical advice, hints, and tips on every aspect of putting on a live show—from rehearsal to handling the details of travel, accommodation, booking and promoting shows in the US and overseas, equipment, sound checking, contracts, taxation, and marketing? Look no further. Written by a touring professional and featuring interviews with key figures from across the music industry, THE TOUR BOOK is the only guide to compile and distill the best and most current advice of today’s artist managers, booking agents, talent buyers, and successful artists. Inside, you’ll find the tools you need to make your own break, create better shows, and build a profitable long-term career in the music industry.
Note*: If you are buying the e-book version of this product, any CD/DVD supplement files referenced throughout the book can be accessed for free at our Companion Downloads page.
- This edition features a full complement of academic references, as well as improved figures throughout the text highlight important information.
- The text's expanded marketing section explains the exponential growth of internet and social media marketing, and how readers can use those tools to their best advantage.
- This comprehensive and up-to-date guide to putting together a successful tour offers detailed content readers can use to break into the music industry and build a successful long-term performance career.
- The text features interviews with a broad range of key industry figures, from artist managers, booking agents and talent buyers as well as very successful artists and bands.
- Touring professional and lecturer Andy Reynolds provides insider hints and tips designed to guide the superstars of the future, help them avoid making costly mistakes, and understand how to turn recent industry changes to their benefit.
- Not only for aspiring musicians, the text also explains how to gain (and keep) work in behind-the-scenes positions such as booking agent, manager, promoter, or road crew.