- Career Development and Business
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video and Editing
- Education and Study Guides
- Game Development
- Hobbies and General Interest
- Music Technology
Jumpstart Your Music Career
ISBN 13: 9781435459526
ISBN 10: 1435459520
Author: Simon Cann
Print Book Price: $29.99 Add to cart
eBook Price: $14.34 Add to cart
A must for every musician's bookshelf, Jumpstart Your Music Career offers all the information and strategies you need to make your professional dreams a reality! Author Simon Cann offers a comprehensive plan of action you can follow to navigate and succeed in today's rapidly-changing music marketplace--from building a fan base to taking advantage of the latest technology to craft your own opportunities to handling the ins and outs of publicity and finance. The most thorough and up-to-date guide on starting and building a music career available, this text puts you in the driver's seat as both an artist and as an up-and-coming businessperson!
Note*: If you are buying the e-book version of this product, any CD/DVD supplement files referenced throughout the book can be accessed for free at our Companion Downloads page.
- Updated to account for recent changes in the industry, including the increased use of e-distribution channels and corresponding decline in on-demand/CD options.
- The author's groundbreaking approach has now moved into the mainstream, with several successful artists (including Madonna and Radiohead) following a similar path.
- Completely updated and revised, this edition adds new up-to-the-minute information while also removing dated material for the best and most streamlined presentation of the topic available.
- The most current book available on the topic, BUILDING A SUCCESSFUL 21ST CENTURY MUSIC CAREER deals with the realities of building a music career right now.
- The author's practical advice gives musicians of all types a clearly delineated path to success whether they're just starting out or already established in the industry.
- The text is packed with achievable goals for each step of the career building process that rely only on your hard work--not on the permission of record company executives or managers.
- The book's scalable approach allows musicians to start small--then grow big--using the same principles and strategies.