- Career Development and Business
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video and Editing
- Education and Study Guides
- Game Development
- Hobbies and General Interest
- Music Technology
Guitar Tone, Pursuing the Ultimate Guitar Sound
ISBN 13: 9781435456150
ISBN 10: 1435456157
Author: Mitch Gallagher
Print Book Price: $34.99 Add to cart
eBook Price: $24.49 Add to cart
"Great tone" is a combination of many things--electronic, acoustic, musical, physical, emotional, and cerebral. Each player assembles and manipulates those components into a special blend, creating his own unique sonic stew. So how do we get great tone? The answer for most of us is a lifetime of pursuit that is at once equal parts joyous and frustrating, but always rewarding. A big part of succeeding in that pursuit is having an understanding of what goes into making great tone. That's where this book comes in. GUITAR TONE: PURSUING THE ULTIMATE GUITAR SOUND is the ultimate resource for guitarists searching for not just the "best" tone, but also their own individual sound. This book explores all the gear and examines the approaches famous players take to achieve their distinctive tones. You'll look at vintage and new, boutique and mainstream, modern and retro. Along the way, Guitar Tone attempts to sort out the facts versus the myths versus the opinions and explores how each component contributes to the overall tone of our guitars and other gear. The search for tone may not come to a definitive conclusion for most of us, but that doesn't make the journey any less worth taking. It's not easy to achieve great tone, but the reward--the joy of wallowing in the luscious sound of strings resonating in concert with your musical desires--is a reward greater than any other. Better tone awaits!
Note*: If you are buying the e-book version of this product, any CD/DVD supplement files referenced throughout the book can be accessed for free at our Companion Downloads page.
- Provides the ultimate resource for guitarists searching for not just the "best" tone, but those searching for their own distinctive, individual tone.
- Covers the rigs of famous guitarists, the fundamentals of tone, and the various gear available.
- Uses conversational style and numerous diagrams and illustrations to make the information more accessible.